At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Business Operations & Strategy is a cross-functional team working across the whole company –including both strategy and operations. The team is a partner to the senior leadership at Coinbase focusing on high-impact strategic projects and data analyses. This opening will specifically support our Product team.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Structure complex and ambiguous strategic problems for the Coinbase leadership team across our Institutional Business
- Develop a deep understanding of our peer and competitor positioning as well as the emerging crypto landscape to inform your recommendations
- Define clear hypotheses to identify new opportunities, and build business cases and quantitative models that will inform and influence our strategy
- Use data and insight to define changes, design experiments, and implement those changes across our products
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes.
- Contribute to improving our capabilities by enhancing existing processes and recruiting and developing new team members
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a business-strategy role (Management consulting, Hedge Fund, Banking, Operations at a start-up, etc.)
- Outstanding executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, project and time management skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload; ability to multitask and meet deadlines with quality product
- Passion for solving complex problems, and building scalable processes
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience working at or on a Crypto-focused company or protocol, or at a Crypto Exchange
- MBA or advanced degree.
- SQL experience
- Comfortable with crypto tools such as Dune Analytics and Etherscan