Business Operations & Strategy is a cross-functional team working across the whole company –including both strategy and operations. The team is a partner to the senior leadership at Coinbase focusing on high-impact strategic projects and data analyses.
We currently have 3 openings on this team at Associate and Sr. Associate levels, supporting our Consumer and Institutional Product teams.
Successful candidates for this position will be highly logical thinkers, curious learners, and experienced strategy professionals
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Structure complex and ambiguous strategic problems for the Coinbase leadership team
- Develop a deep understanding of our peer and competitor positioning as well as the emerging crypto landscape to inform your recommendations
- Define clear hypotheses to identify new opportunities, and build business cases and quantitative models that will inform and influence our strategy
- Use data and insight to define changes, design experiments, and implement those changes across our products
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes.
- Contribute to improving our capabilities by enhancing existing processes and recruiting and developing new team members
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience (MBA a plus)
- 4+ years of experience in a business-strategy role
- Outstanding executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, project and time management skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload; ability to multitask and meet deadlines with quality product
- Passion for solving complex problems, and building scalable processes
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
Nice to haves:
- SQL experience
- Comfortable with crypto tools such as Dune Analytics and Etherscan