We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they’re creating quality products.
We wrote the Aptible Owner’s Manual to help members of the company get a clear sense of what this team is — what we mean by “us.” We’ve now made this open to the world and invite you to read it, as a prospective member of the Aptible Team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
About this Role
The Business Operations team at Aptible is the core driver of Aptible’s success and the achievement of our ambitious goals. Business Operations ensures clarity and accountability throughout the company through the management of the “Aptible Operating System” including our OKRs, bi-weekly Win Columns (All Hands meetings), and regular business reviews. The team also ensures cross-functional projects are appropriately scoped and resourced, oftentimes jumping in to lead or contribute to the successful completion of critical projects, especially those that are strategic or analytical in nature.
The Business Operations Lead will be responsible for furthering the reach of the Business Operations team, strengthening Aptible’s use of data analytics, strategy, and effective communication to ensure the company succeeds. The lead will be expected to be hands on with day-to-day execution of business operations and Aptible company priorities, partnering closely with Aptible’s executive team and leaders around the company to ensure that Aptible succeeds. Simultaneously, the lead will also drive investment in processes that will enable future growth of the Business Operations team.
- Codify and organize the “Aptible Operating System” our regular cadence of OKR development and reviews, bi-weekly All Hands, business reviews, board decks, etc.
- Develop and iterate on most important strategic dashboards to inform company and stakeholders, in partnership with our data team
- Streamline sales by developing deal desk and legal review processes, optimizing Aptible’s ability to review, negotiate, and manage sales contracts
- Design and operate an analytical pricing research process to ensure Aptible is successfully pricing all products and driving net dollar retention
- Lead from the front by researching, testing, and measuring new market opportunities for Aptible’s products
- Help Aptible’s future fundraising strategy by studying and presenting to the executive team on our market and the company’s progress, ensuring a strong understanding of both our financial position and our forecasts
- Ideally 4+ years experience in B2B SaaS, preferably BizOps or other strategic leadership role
- T-shaped leader who has varied experience and is especially strong in at least one of the following areas: OKRs, successful team meetings/presentations, market research, legal/deal desk, pricing research, data analytics, data visualization, SaaS Metrics, market research and strategy, and sales capacity planning
- Experience with Excel and BI tools are a requirement, SQL experience is a plus
- Thrive in unstructured environments
- Understanding of how early stage startups work, i.e. Series A or B funding stages
- Quantitative or business background from banking and/or consulting type experience
- MBA preferred
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps, and takes approximately 3 Weeks to complete. We try to move as quickly as possible, but if you have any time constraints, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
1) An Introduction to Aptible with the Hiring Manager (30 Minutes via Zoom)
2) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
3) A Take-Home Work Sample Exercise (NB: You will be compensated for completing this.)
4) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
We believe that the Work Sample Exercise is an important part of the process, in that it gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a concrete way. We take the time to design these exercises such that they: a) give you a view into the actual work you’d do at Aptible, and b) are standardized, so every candidate is evaluated using the same criteria.
Lastly, Aptible conducts calls with 3-4 References, ideally managers who have directly supervised you in the past and/or colleagues who can speak to your work.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form, and we will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.