Yelp’s Chief of Staff is responsible for running critical cross-functional initiatives, supporting executive decision making, and running internal operating processes. As a Business Lead, you’ll have a unique seat at the table, working directly with senior leadership and Yelp’s Chief of Staff to facilitate strategic decision making and ensuring quality execution. You will have broad exposure to and ability to impact all parts of the organization. You’ll support the annual planning process and continue to track our portfolio of projects that deliver Yelp’s financial growth. You will take the initiative to uncover analytical insights, gaps in operational processes, and drive impact. You will partner closely with product, engineering, and marketing leadership. You will also work closely with both the Business Operations & Strategy and Financial Planning & Analysis teams.
This is a full-time remote role based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will step in as needed to drive complex, cross-functional projects spanning product, engineering, marketing, and sales teams.
- You will help develop and run various internal operating processes (e.g. annual planning, monthly portfolio reviews, etc).
- You will do ad hoc analysis as needed to support strategic projects or to help diagnose trends for Yelp’s top metrics.
- You will be an excellent listener and help connect dots between teams and across departments.
- You will adapt as priorities change and be able to pivot between unrelated projects.
- You will operate with the utmost discretion and professionalism earning the trust of senior leaders and Yelp’s executive team.
- You will participate in an onboarding and training program spanning a multitude of operational functions and business units provided by Yelp’s Business Operations & Strategy team.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 3-4 years relevant business experience (post college degree) solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- You have experience at a top tier consulting firm, investment bank, high performing large operating company or private equity fund.
- You are an exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level insights.
- You are a strong communicator – both written and verbal and can easily and succinctly synthesize large amounts of information and/or data for executive consumption.
- You are highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable leading cross-functional projects.
- You have superior hands-on analytic skills including strong Excel modeling skills and interest to learn basic SQL to facilitate ad hoc analysis.
What you’ll get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan