At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset – using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success – building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner – holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging – recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer. This role is responsible for the development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the underlying systems and reporting infrastructure for the data warehouse and data mart reporting environments. They design and implement reporting architecture solutions including the design of table structures, and the optimization of ETL processes and queries used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources. This role will be a great fit for you if you have a strong understanding and passion for reporting infrastructure, table architecture, efficient ETL data pipelines, and scaling best practices.
As a BI Developer, you will:
- Support key initiatives or medium project (e.g. building a new data model to solve a business use case)
- Build and define new reporting infrastructure and tables based on needs of the business
- Work closely with product, engineering, and analytics teams to scale reporting architecture and the ETL pipeline based on source of truth tables and events
- Find creative solutions to maximize system efficiencies (e.g. use a scripting language to automate a manual process)
- Support reporting infrastructure tools and systems (e.g. Airflow, Snowflake, DBT, Looker, Github, Data Vault)
- Support monitoring, alerting, and anomaly detection efforts to measure performance, accuracy, and usage of data and reports
- Support team members by sharing technical knowledge and to help troubleshoot issues that arise and technical skills to be learned
- Solidify documentation for key systems
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in business intelligence, infrastructure, data engineering, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start up environment
- Experience building data pipelines, custom ETL processes, data warehouses, and table architecture
- Experience in database technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, and working with large sets of data
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI etc..
- Experience with Kimball dimensional modeling.
- Ability to communicate well in person, on paper, and in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, engineers, analysts and stakeholders
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Experience automating processes using scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with modern source control (Git / Github) practices
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $100,000 – $125,000, as well as company stock options.