As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance.
The qualified person for this position will have a proven successful track record in working with cross functional stakeholders, analyzing data, developing models, and implementing data-driven process improvements. The BI Analyst will be an adept project manager; developing new processes, building a robust revenue management platform, monitoring existing processes, applications, and reporting functions.
What You Will Do:
- Perform advanced data analysis that generates new insights and drives process improvements across the operational platform
- Analyzing existing business processes and recommend best practices or modifications to implementations
- Creating and maintaining documentation that includes the design, requirements and user manuals for the organization
- Identifying the development needs for the purpose of streamlining and improving the operations of the organization for efficiency and profitability
- Support the continued development of our revenue management platform
- Assist in building internal applications to meet organizational needs
- Assist in the development of reporting and visualizations in our business intelligence software
- Architect the continued expansion of our data warehouse, linking data from different corporate platforms such as Operations, IT, Accounting, HR, and Property Services
- Gather business strategic objectives from key stakeholders and translate to actionable data-driven analytical tools
- Develop reporting workbooks and dashboards (Sigma, Tableau and others).
- Be responsible for data accuracy and integrity, implement data quality processes, and facilitate adoption of established data dictionary
- Work with varied structured and unstructured datasets
- Write robust python & SQL code, operating on a modern cloud stack (AWS, Azure, Snowflake)
What You Bring With You:
- BS or MS statistics, computer science, analytics, economics, engineering, operations research, and computational field
- 3+ years of industry experience, real estate experience a plus
- Understanding of Accounting and Finance is a plus
- Required skill sets intermediate/advanced SQL, Tableau, Sigma or other BI/viz tool, and Microsoft Excel
- Structured approach to problem solving: ability to take a broad challenge and break it down into solvable components, accounting for confounding variables and statistical challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prototype rapidly, and meet deadlines
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to effectively explain, influence, and advise with interdisciplinary partners
$80,000 – $100,000 a year