Cocoroco – fueled by 5CA
Cocoroco is a 5CA spin-off and is positioned as a stand-alone brand. It’s a new business model fueled by 5CA to capitalize on the experience and knowledge of 15+ years of pioneering the future of work. Cocoroco’s mission is to change the global labor market by letting people thrive through offering remote working employment. Our philosophy is when people do what they love most, they operate at their full potential. By bringing businesses together with remote talent, our platform enables them to find great career opportunities while working remotely. We are energetic, open, inclusive and have a true story to tell. Our story will go live mid-March and you can be part of this journey!
You will be the first dedicated sales hire for Cocoroco and will be given the opportunity to build your own team and support defining the business strategy for growth! This position will offer you the opportunity to be here from the early start of this ambitious startup and work closely with experienced 5CA sponsors to define a completely new sales strategy. As our client base grows, you become responsible for building out the commercial teams for business development and account management.
You are at the commercial heart of Cocoroco and own it. You play a crucial role in developing and designing our overall company strategy. You are heavily involved in our roadmap planning and growing our company. You are responsible for developing new commercial strategies and driving commercial success, with both new and existing accounts. You optimize our value proposition, develop cross- and upselling strategies, and work closely with our marketing teams to target and penetrate client markets. You follow up on leads, demo our services, and lead the rest of the sales process up to closing. You onboard clients, help them configure their services to set them up for success, and you continue to manage the relationship from there. As our client base grows, we want you to further build and lead the commercial team.
To successfully spearhead our commercial success, you will have to be creative, bold, and agile. You explore new ideas, take risks, and confidently change direction when needed. Inspiration, great idea, business opportunity? Go for it! Be lean, take small steps, adapt fast and act quickly. We act as a team, fail as a team, and celebrate success as a team – we are on this journey together.
You will report directly into the Cocoroco strategy leader, with a dotted line to the SVP sales of 5CA.
- Drive the further expansion of our client portfolio, by converting leads into clients, into long-term business partners
- You manage our existing client base and drive customer success, making sure that clients get the most out of our services
- You develop and optimize our commercial strategies for exponential revenue growth
- Build a results-oriented team during different stages of the company’s development and grow trust within your (future) team to support creativity and fluid collaboration
- Build a culture of accountability, measurability, and success that leaves room for mistakes and rapid learning when things don’t go to plan
- Be proactive in communicating to stakeholders by providing regular project updates
- Take ownership, make decisions with courage and be there to inspire others.
- You have 4+ years’ experience in sales or account management, including previous experience at a marketplace platform, staffing platform, or equivalent
- You have experience in building a team and a proven track record of working in a start-up environment
- Able to work independently and within a team, know when to ask for others’ opinions
- Affinity with the recruitment, staffing, or SaaS business is preferred
- Emphatic and user-focused, with commercial awareness
- Critical thinker with a healthy dose of skepticism
- You are a strong communicator, and you speak fluent English. Dutch language skills are a plus!
- Location to be discussed!
- Be part of an ambitious startup from the early start and master our revenue growth
- Experienced sponsors within 5CA available to guide you with experience
- A fast-growing organization and an international, inclusive company culture
- An inspiring environment with a young and agile team with which you will have lots of fun
- Continuous learning and plenty of opportunities for growth within your field of expertise.