At User Interviews, we believe that the best companies in the world consistently deliver products and experiences that their customers love. We also believe that the only way to consistently build those products and experiences is to talk to your customers. Watch what they do. Understand why they do what they do. Figure out why they do things that seem irrational. And once you’ve done that once, do it again. Start having constant conversations. In short, make customers your #1 priority through user research.
That’s why we exist. We help teams set up those conversations, allowing them to discover and embrace user insights. We currently do that by making it fast and easy to talk to customers, or potential customers, to help with product, design, or marketing decisions. We work with hundreds of companies every month, including user-centric organizations like Atlassian, Amazon, and Spotify.
🌟 Data and Analytics at User Interviews
The mission of the Analytics team at User Interviews is to own all of the company’s data and to analyze it in ways that help us make better decisions. We work with every team at the company across many diverse data sets.
💡 What you’ll do
As a Business Data Analyst, you’ll be involved throughout projects and responsible for helping different teams, including Revenue, Customer Success, and Operations, understand what’s working and what isn’t.
- Use analytical skills to simplify complex business questions, create and test hypotheses, and turn results into actionable business recommendations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in end-to-end analyses, including gathering data, analyzing it, and presenting informative visualizations to all levels of the company.
- Help different teams, including Revenue, Customer Success, and Operations, use data to make the best decisions possible. You’ll uncover trends and insights that inform what our teams do next.
- Work with Data Engineering to improve our long-term data strategy and make our pipelines run more efficiently.
- Focus on automating reporting tools and dashboards to track business metrics at scale.
🦖 Minimum Qualifications
- Fluency in SQL
- Knowledge of statistics and other data analysis methods
- Experience working with large, complex datasets
- Ability to verify, analyze, and present data in ways that other stakeholders can internalize
- Candidates must be located in the United States and authorized to work without any Visa sponsorship.
✚ Bonus points
Bachelor’s or Master’s in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics); relevant professional experience can be a replacement
– $90k-$95k base + $5k performance bonus
– Stock options for every employee
– 100% premium covered medical & dental employee coverage
– Annual membership to One Medical Group & Talkspace
– 401k + employer contribution
– 4 weeks of PTO to start + accrue an additional day each year
– Unlimited wellness days. Sick? Doctors appointment? Mental health day? We’ve got you covered.
– Flexible, paid parental leave
– $250 office setup budget
– $500 annual learning & development stipend
– $50/month Work From Home stipend
– Awards for 360-degree recognition, work anniversaries, & birthdays
– 1-2 team retreats per year (virtual and in-person options)