Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Strategy & Analytics team within Sales & Account Management is building the data-driven programs and technology to increase team efficiency and effectiveness and improve the experience of businesses that use Square’s ecosystem of products. We are a team of Analysts, Technical Program Managers, and Program Managers, who work closely with Sales & AM stakeholders, Automation, Marketing, and Customer Success to drive progress against our organizational and company-wide priorities.
As a Business Analyst focusing on Sales, you will report to the Sales & Analytics Lead and identify areas of opportunity to increase new seller acquisition, improve the efficiency and impact of the team, develop metrics and robust data visualizations to understand team performance, and contribute to the organization’s global growth strategy. We’re looking for individuals who have a passion for diving into data, summarizing trends, and making an impact.
- Use data to drive analysis and actionable recommendations to shape program design, operations, and strategy
- Partner with Sales leadership, strategic finance team to set performance targets, define KPIs, create scalable reporting, and provide insight to drivers of pacing against goals
- Evaluate the performance of new and existing sales GTM strategies
- Drive financial analysis to understand the productivity of the Account Executive team and inform resourcing and future investments across Sales programs
- 2-4 years of analytical experience at a high-growth tech company in a analytics/corporate strategy/business operations role or at a top management consulting company with a exposure to Sales/GTM assignments
- Proficiency with data, analytics, and visualization technologies – Snowflake SQL and Looker equivalents
- Experience applying quantitative analysis and logical reasoning to influence business outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships and influence across the organization
- Highly analytical, adept at finding trends and summarizing key insights from ambiguous data sets
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 – USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 – USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 – USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 – USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
These benefits are further detailed in Block’s policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We’ve noticed a rise in recruiting impersonations across the industry, where individuals are sending fake job offer emails. Contact from any of our recruiters or employees will always come from an email address ending with @block.xyz, @squareup.com, @tidal.com, or @afterpay.com, @clearpay.co.uk.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (f