The Business Analyst is instrumental in carrying out Paylocity’s primary mission of driving client satisfaction by ensuring their needs are fully understood and we are successful in meeting them. Responsible for handling needs assessments, cost/benefits analysis, establishing internal/external relationships, soliciting product and enhancement requirements from end users to convert requests into a workable solution.
Reports To: Manager Business Analysis
- Creates, analyzes, and validates detailed functional/technical specifications.
- Drives increased use of core system functionality to reduce needs for customization.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Establishes intra-and interdepartmental relationships to prioritize needs, communicate project status and timing expectations.
- Creates internal documentation and training for setup and ongoing support
- Documents requirements, create use cases and process models.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of all system functions/release feature
- Prepare technical writing specifically for “how to” and “troubleshooting” guides, and narrate, record and edit “how to” videos.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years’ experience in Payroll and HR Industry (or equivalent experience for Partner Integration)
- Experience in a front-line customer facing role
- Ability to demonstrate a beginning knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of API’s
- Knowledge of the data interface functional space
- Basic Knowledge of FTP/SFTP
- Experience in Accounting, specifically experience with journal entries and A/P is required.
- Experience writing business specifications
- Training experience is a plus
- Knowledge of EDI/XML file security
- Experience working with company-to-company file transfers
- Some Project Management experience is beneficial
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications – are no sweat when it comes to your skillset