Business Analyst – UK Tax
As a Business Analyst in the UK Tax team, you’ll be responsible for supporting a cross functional, software development team in understanding the UK Tax and statutory reporting landscape and ensuring we are ahead of the game with regulatory changes and emerging needs of accountants.
It’s an exciting time at Xero UK as we seek to build out brand new product teams focusing on developing new products to support our customers. You will work closely with Developers, Designers, Product Managers and Product Owners to create brand new software and support Xero’s existing solutions.
This role can be fully remote, with the option to also work from one of our offices which are based in London, Manchester and Milton Keynes.
You will have the opportunity to
- Identify, interpret and document (as a Business Analyst) the detailed regulatory and financial compliance needs and calculations to support Xero’s UK Tax solutions, ensuring that these items are added to work to do
- Provide technical compliance guidance and support around tax legislation and calculations (such as legislative budget changes and Making Tax Digital), for the Xero Tax product team to ensure they are aware of upcoming changes (providing input into the roadmap)
- Liaise with our external advisories and provide solutions to any technical compliance queries that may arise
- Conduct walkthroughs, testing and assist in verifying the changes implemented are correct
In order to be successful in this role, you will have
- Proven experience working as a Business Analyst in a software / product environment
- Experience working in a cross functional environment and collaborating with Developers/ Designers etc.
- A background in tax and accounting and/or tax/accounting knowledge would be highly desirable, with understanding of statutory reporting and UK tax legislation
- Research experience, able to disseminate information into clear and concise requirements to support product development.