Join our team
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who has a passion for data and proactively supplying their customers with insights. You know and love working with analytic tools and exploring new data, can write excellent SQL and scripts, build insightful and actionable multivariate driver’s models, are very effective and efficient at creating visual dashboards in Tableau, and can use your technical skills and creative approaches to solve some unique problems in the Business Analytics/Data Science space. You’ll work closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, and the Business Analytics community driving product strategy and action through high-quality and timely data analysis and thoughtful recommendations. You are an advocate for your customers, and you have a sense of ownership.
What you’ll get to do…
- Use data to tell a story. Make insights and recommendations to help acquire new customers, reduce customer attrition, and grow our revenue.
- Use data mining techniques to drive product strategy, reduce customer attrition, and find new revenue opportunities.
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective multivariate models for drivers’ analysis, segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, website behavior, etc.
- Build dynamic and rich dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations.
- Work with a team of analysts in the collection and dissemination of company performance via multiple reporting tools/methodologies.
- Interact with business partners to understand their goals and objectives, develop analytic requirements, provide answers to business questions, make recommendations, and join forces in driving business improvement and optimization.
- Figure out what’s important to the business, to specific partners, and intuit core needs from stakeholders before they even realize they need it. Be proactive in identifying and executing on priorities that will move the needle for the business.
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance BI landscape components.
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment, juggling disparate tasks and balancing short- and long-term objectives
Your experience should include…
- BS/BA in quantitative field such Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, etc.(advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in analytics, preferably in SaaS/subscription space
- 4+ years of experience with SQL (SQL, HiveQL) including optimization
- 3+ years of experience with multivariate analytical & ML techniques, including regression, decision trees, clustering, trend analysis, and forecasting
- 2+ years of experience with open source data science tools (Python, R, PySpark preferred)
- 4+ years of experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau preferred)
- 4+ years of experience working with either an Hadoop and/or an MPP system.
- Familiarity with ETL implementation and maintenance and a working understanding of schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, etc.)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights