As the premier global database of lyrics and artist-focused content, Genius’s mission is to celebrate More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words with over 105M+ people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Ideate Branded Content concepts and Directional Talent for both RFPs and proactive programs
- Work closely with Marketing and Brand Partnerships teams on presale content strategy and complete talent, editorial, and social budgets in response to RFPs and proactive programs
- Lead the creative execution and handle delivery of integrated campaigns with a variety of components including video, artist relations, editorial, social, legal, licensing, and more
- Work closely with Integrated Production, Branded Video, and Client Services teams to ensure all Branded Content deliverables align with Genius mission, client objectives, and budget
- Work closely with Branded Video team to create video storyboards and treatments
- Present Branded Content campaigns to clients in-person and on calls
- Attend in-person shoots as needed (depending on COVID conditions)
- 4+ years experience ideating and overseeing the execution of editorial, social, and/or video content
- Experience working with brands/clients at a digital media outlet, agency, or similar
- Deep understanding of Genius’s editorial voice and the value we bring to brands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think quickly and adapt to client needs, changing budgets, and deadlines
- Passion for music culture—particularly hip-hop and pop music—and how brands utilize culture to communicate to Gen Z