As a Web & Digital Designer at Fastly, you are a significant contributing member of the creative team. You will collaborate with internal business partners to craft smart, effective website solutions for a fast-growing brand that powers the best of the internet, serving 14 trillion internet requests a month.
This is a hands-on role that requires a strategic problem solver to implement visual development standard methodologies, improve operational processes, and up-level the Fastly brand. You’ll collaborate with our cross-functional partners, applying your design experience to ensure our web presence represents our brand and achieves internal customer needs and marketing objectives.
Attention to detail, solid ownership, and a strong desire for building consistent, quality work is a must!
What You’ll Do
- Be a key driver of our marketing web presence, designing pages with little oversight
- Collaborate with marketing and web dev teams to strengthen the Fastly brand voice and visual identity
- Use your extensive knowledge of web design and branding to develop and evolve Fastly’s brand visuals
- Identify problems and deliver solutions. Work with Fastly’s marketing and product teams to turn project strategy and creative ideas into great digital design experiences
- Help promote positive internal awareness of design trends, brand standards and processes, through a design culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Collaborate with partners in UX, content marketing, demand gen, product marketing, and sales to produce high quality experiences on Fastly.com
- Gather customer feedback and conduct user testing to validate design decisions
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of web design experience, with a strong visual design foundation such as typography, layout, motion, color and interaction
- 5+ years of experience building responsive layouts for both desktop and mobile
- A well-rounded portfolio of web work that showcases your ability to work within existing brand identities
- Experience in customer journey mapping and A/B testing
- The ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining clear communication and support the business objectives
- A quick learner who can balance multiple priorities while maintaining clear communication
- Prior experience working within an agile sprint process while acting as an advocate for design processes, timelines, and workflows
- A creative, problem solver who can carry ideas from concept to development hand off
- A strong collaborator who empowers others to use visual design more effectively
- Prior B2B design experience in the high tech space
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Prior experience with managing and contributing to a components library
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience prototyping in Figma and sustaining component libraries
- Data visualization skills are a plus
- Experience with customer journey mapping
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $83,000. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly’s equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewar