How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Brand Design Lead
Design plays a crucial role in creating and packaging our communication tools at MessageBird. In order to give our customers an experience they can’t get enough of, we depend on our Designers to innovate and optimize every element of our brand. Whether it’s product design or creating amazing storytellings through meaningful and powerful animations, our Design team is responsible for pushing it forward.
You’ll work not only leading the visual design team but also storyboarding, animating, conceptualizing, and prototyping with them as well. You need to be able to also collaborating within Product Design, Communications and Marketing teams, providing expertise and know-how on projects requiring motion design and/or video editing.
You’ll be part of one of the most fun, open, ambitious and international groups of people. We push each other to be our absolute best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
What you’ll do
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of any form of creative assets from beginning to end;
- Manage the quality of design through all phases of the process and the live product;
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, researchers, data scientist partners to create transformative visuals and easy to use and emotionally engaging interfaces;
- Provide leadership and mentorship for a junior, medium and seniors branding designers, visual designers and marketings copywriters across different products and end-to-end services, globally and across all platforms that MessageBird has;
- Be involved in projects throughout all stages of production. Brief building, concepting, refinement, production and implementation;
- A strong understanding of how art direction, design and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years working as an art director or brand design lead at a creative agency or comparable in-house agency;
- Ability to offer creative and visual direction or critique work objectively;
- Experience with design and art direction in the technology category, B2B Saas is a plus;
- Able to bring ideas to life with comps and prototypes using creative software and other tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Keynote, etc.);
- A highly collaborative working style;
- Experience with launching social campaigns or PR-worthy initiatives;
- Good communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals.;
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.