As a Bilingual French Virtual Care Nurse working for Virtual Care Services Corp. (VCSC), you are responsible for delivering exceptional chat-based nursing care that people turn to and trust for health and wellness-related advice. You will provide service within the nursing scope of practice for both League and PC Health members located across Canada, using League’s on-demand virtual care platforms. You will be servicing members’ chats where your existing nursing license(s) enable you to practice, with the expectation that you have already applied for and/or obtained additional nursing licenses in the provinces where required (i.e., ON, AB, SK, QC (bilingual only), NB, PEI, YK & NWT).
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
In this role, you will:
- Liaise between members and various health care providers to help educate people to achieve their optimal health;
- Draw on your knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system to empower and assist members to be able to navigate through the complexities of the different levels of care;
- Help build & maintain efficient processes and protocols to address members’ priority health needs;
- Help deliver a best-in-class virtual care nursing experience;
- Proactively reach out to members regarding past visits, including those at high risk for chronic health issues;
- Provide expert health guidance via chat that remains within the scope of a Registered Nurse
- Must hold an active nursing license in at least one Canadian province or territory;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or equivalent degree;
- Native or near-native bilingual (French/English) proficiency required, including written communication skills;
- Minimum 3 years in post-graduate practice, preferable in primary care or emergency setting;
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment;
- Experience with triage processes to ensure members receive appropriate attention, in a suitable location, with the requisite degree of urgency;
- Tech-savvy is considered a huge plus