As a Benefits Analyst, you will work with Namely benefits clients by supporting Benefit Consultants in delivering benefit consulting services. In the role, you’ll be exposed to a wide range of benefit-related projects whose completion drives a more positive client experience. The work done by you as a Benefits Analyst will help build your foundation for a career in Benefits Consulting, and will help you build and nurture direct relationships with clients, carriers, and other individuals both inside and outside Namely’s walls.
- Provide support to Benefit Consultants in preparing and presenting client deliverables, such as RFP results, strategic planning presentations, employee-facing benefit guides, and open enrollment presentations.
- Use MS Excel to turn data from Namely & carriers into meaningful, actionable exhibits
- Conduct plan document & benefit summary review following benefit renewal
- Serve as client’s first point-of-contact for urgent claims and eligibility items (For example, confirming employee benefit coverage or ID card availability same-day)
- Interact regularly with insurance carrier representatives
- Periodically attend & present at on-site client open enrollment meetings
- Conduct periodic enrollment audits to ensure that client enrollments on Namely match enrollment records with insurance carriers
- Translate client benefit plan decisions into configuration data used by the Namely Professional Services Team to enable successful benefit plan configuration on Namely benefit administration system.
- Maintain & continually improve well-documented & clear process records, applicable to assigned clients and to broader team processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of prior work experience
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Well-developed communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel & use of basic lookup formulas and pivot tables
- Ability to handle multiple deliverables at once and prioritize workload
Nice to Have
- Interest in and/or prior experience in the insurance industry
- Experience working at an insurance carrier
- Experience in using Salesforce.com & Atlassian JIRA project management system
- Basic understanding of common benefit plan features
- Insurance producer’s license (required if analyst ultimately works to move into Benefit Consultant role)
This position has a salary range of $55,000 – $65,000 per annum.