- You will help build a modern, highly complex, multi-service application that leads to the delivery of millions of packages per year to clients like you.
- As a software engineer you’ll be part of one of the stream-aligned teams where you’ll help the product manager come up with the best solution to the challenges our customers are facing.
- Once agreed upon, you’ll of course start implementing the solution.
- We use NodeJS for the backend and AngularJS on the front-end. Our unit-tests use Jest, and our end-to-end tests use Protractor. We store data using MongoDB. Our code is stored in GitLab, and we make use of its CI/CD capabilities to deploy easily to AWS and Azure. Our containerization & orchestration uses Docker + Kubernetes.
- We work with short agile development cycles, each consisting of 3 weeks of roadmap work and 1 week of cool-down in which the team can focus on technical challenges, get rid of some technical debt or explore new ideas.
The Must Haves
- You have at least a few years relevant experience, preferably in a product company and in a stack similar to ours
- You have a positive mindset and like to find ways to constantly improve in what you do.
- You can work alone but really shine when you work together. Pair programming, mob programming, brainstorming… you have no issue expressing your ideas, thoughts, comments…
- Your English is fluent
- You value quality of work. You know that any shortcut you take today will be a debt to pay in the future.
- You consider testing part of the job, not an afterthought.
- You know how to build a scalable, maintainable application.
- You stay abreast of developments and best practices within the technologies we use
- You live in a timezone lies in the CET timezone or has a high overlap with it
The Great to Haves
- You have affinity with logistic sector. No, ordering things online doesn’t count
- Location of role and flexible working policy, e.g. Work when and where you choose: our fancy offices in the center of Brussels, your spare bedroom, a cabin in the woods… you decide]
- Autonomy to define and navigate your own path to success at a hungry Deloitte Technology Fast 50 (2020) company that’s ready to scale big
- Work when and where you choose: our fancy offices in the center of Brussels, your spare bedroom, a cabin in the woods… you decide
- Competitive salary, equipment and a raft of employee benefits (dependent on location)
- An incredibly diverse team of internationals and a corporate culture that encourages freedom, creativity and collaboration
- Opportunities to grow your expertise through training, workshops and conferences
- Team meetups in Brussels when it’s safe to do so, an annual offsite somewhere sunny