It’s time to build. Whether it’s creating more housing, upgrading our infrastructure, or adapting to climate change, one thing is clear: the construction industry is at the center of solving our biggest problems. We’re making buildings cheaper and easier to build by transforming the way commercial construction companies buy their materials. Join us.
Founded in 2018, Kojo is now one of the fastest-growing construction technology companies in the world. Construction accounts for $10 trillion in global spend annually and we can’t live without its output – our roads, schools, hospitals, and offices. Despite this, there’s been very little innovation over the past 70 years in how materials – which constitute up to 40% of project costs – are bought and sold. This is our opportunity.
We’re hiring an experienced Backend Engineer to play a critical and versatile role in shipping key aspects of our application and infrastructure.
About the role:
- Co-owing the delivery of a product that transforms the construction industry
- Scaling our integrations and internal infrastructure to handle a growing customer base
A team player who enjoys both company-wide collaboration and diving deep into writing clean, consistent, and performant code will thrive at Kojo!
What you’ve accomplished:
- Proven track record of shipping quality software (3+ years professional experience preferred)
- Deep experience working with Typescript, GraphQL, Node, Docker, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL
- Comfortable with a wide range of AWS technologies, such as RDS, EC2, S3, SQS, Beanstalk, Lambda, and other common services
- Inside knowledge of WebSockets, HTTP, FTP, and other networking protocols as well as RESTful APIS and OAUTH authentication flows
- B.S. in CS or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Bonus: Experience with integrating with third-party APIs and databases, working with another construction or ERP software, and/or familiarity with Datadog, Sentry, or other application/platform monitoring systems
What you care about:
- Intentional Communication: You have a bias towards written communication and documentation to open up access to your thinking, and you listen with openness and curiosity.
- Growth: You are excited by problems because they’re opportunities for improvement.
- Impact: You measure results and are evidence-based.
This role is entirely remote for candidates based in the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
The salary range for this role is between $80,000 USD and $180,000 USD. See details about compensation ranges below.