The Services team owns a group of core services used throughout our platform. We are responsible for everything around the pricing and packaging of our product. This includes metering, governing, and reporting usage, and setting and provisioning accounts and subscriptions. We’re part of the larger Platform Services subgroup, a facet of the Platform group, where we participate in guiding larger infrastructure and architecture decisions across the organization.
UserTesting is a market leader, with demonstrated success and a decade of user testing data. As our research repository grows, we have identified a need to allow access to our insights through external integrations and APIs. We also provide internal integrations to ease developer experience as well as helping out our support and provisioning teams. We have recently merged and added new applications to our business portfolio, and our integrations need to be expanded to these applications.
Overarching theme for the next 12 months:
- Support Session Unit metering for our new unified platform and mixed method
- Variable rate card – rate card service, promotions
- Update and enhance our usage dashboards
- Workspace allocation
- Build a new subscription service and enhance auto provisioning from SFDC
- Settings application
- Entitlements engine within platform services
- BFF/API Gateway
- Admin tooling
What We Have Ownership For:
- Architecture, design, and development of pricing and packaging and the microservices needed to support them.
- Metering and Usage Governance services.
- Subscription service and auto provisioning from SFDC.
- Partnership with the other platform services team to deliver entitlements to our internal engineering partners in an easily integrated manner.
- Internal Admin tooling architectural patterns
- BFF architecture and patterns.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience navigation legacy code bases and breaking apart a monolithic code base into microservices.
- Ability to create technical documents and engineering proposals.
- Experience coding in GoLang.
- Significant experience working with APIs (REST, gRPC, graphQL) in a service oriented architecture.
- Experience creating backend client libraries.
- Proficient with Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Perks and Benefits
- Private Medical, Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Pre-Tax Benefit Accounts (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits – transit and parking
- Flexible Time off (Full time salaried (exempt) employees)
- 12 Days of observed holiday entitlement
- Basic Life insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Professional Development Stipend
- Remote Equipment Expense Reimbursement
- Mental Wellness Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly wellness and telecommunications reimbursements
- Paid quarterly volunteering days and Charity donation matching via our UT Cares Volunteers and Charitable Giving Committee
- Perks at Work discount scheme
- Pet Insurance reimbursement
- Employee Referral Programme
- Employee-led groups to help foster a more inclusive employee experience and build a culture of belonging at UserTesting. Read more here!