The Payroll Specialist is responsible for proactive collaboration with customers and key internal business partners within the Global Payroll organization. The position will include reviewing employee payroll records and hours worked, calculating wages, preparing and processing employee payments, and customer care. The Payroll Specialist must be able to handle ambiguity, be self-motivated to figure out the total picture, and propose recommendations.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Payroll Operations Manager.
- Assist with processing US payroll for 5,000+ employees on a bi-weekly basis for one company FEIN that includes exempt and nonexempt employees
- Review wage calculations and audit reports for accuracy by making necessary adjustments or corrections as needed
- Maintain, calculate, and process all withholding orders such as garnishments and tax levies in the ADP payroll system
- Process manual checks for terminations
- Review employee data to process paychecks, including time and attendance files, LOA, tax changes, retroactive adjustments, garnishment paperwork, special payments, paid time off adjustments, and more
- Research and handle outstanding or uncashed checks or direct deposit issues
- Follow and maintain internal control policies, procedures, and compliance with respect to the payroll process, including, but not limited to, pay policies, payroll calendars, payroll checklists, process maps and other procedural documentation
- Provide exemplary service and respond to complex payroll related inquiries from employees, internal customers, and external third-party vendors
- Apply documented rules, past practices, or instructions on an independent level
Remote:Employee is not required to be in or near an office frequentlyand works from a designated remote work location for the majority of thetime.
Positions at DocuSign are assigned a job designation of either In Office, Hybrid or Remote and are specific to the role/job. Preferred job designations are not guaranteed when changing positions within DocuSign. DocuSign reserves the right to change a position’s job designation depending on business needs and as permitted by local law.
What you bring
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in payroll related responsibilities
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PC
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- CPP/FPC certification
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment even during times of ambiguity
- Solid time management skills and the ability to prioritize assignments in a dynamic work environment
- Proficient computer, organizational, analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Has completed self-initiated training necessary to remain current on payroll practices
- Ability to learn processes quickly for more efficient and effective results
- Experience with Workday and ADP systems
- The ability to adapt to change and adjust to changing business needs
- Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and willingness to learn new things
Based on applicable legislation, the below details pay ranges in the following locations:
California: $118,300 – $182,775 base salary
Illinois and Colorado: $111,600 – $153,525 base salary
Washington and New York (including NYC metro area): $111,600 – $162,625 base salary
This role is also eligible for bonus, equity andbenefits.
Global benefits provide options for the following:
- Paid Time Off: earned time off, as well as paid company holidays based on region
- Paid Parental Leave: take up to six months off with your child after birth, adoption or foster care placement
- Full Health Benefits Plans: options for 100% employer paid and minimum employee contribution health plans from day one of employment
- Retirement Plans: select retirement and pension programs with potential for employer contributions
- Learning and Development: options for coaching, online courses and education reimbursements
- Compassionate Care Leave: paid time off following the loss of a loved one and other life-changing events