What we are looking for…
We are looking for a brilliant developer who has the capacity and desire to help lead the engineering organization on a path to fast product cycles and exciting launches. Ideal candidates will be experienced and passionate with building scalable back-end technologies. As a lead back-end engineer, we will be placing the success or failure of our platform in your hands. So we’re looking for people who seek challenges and double down under pressure.
What you’ll do…
- Be a technical leader within a squad and tribe.
- Support members of a project in delivering backend services with high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers.
- Posses a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services that serve AvantStay customers.
- Drive good engineering practises within your team(s) and define and teach these practices within our developer community.
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise.
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise.
What you will bring…
- Have proven experience as a technical leader for a team/department.
- Have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams.
- Knowledge in how to write distributed, high-volume services.
- Experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
- Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Perks and Benefits
- Salary: $120,000-$125,000
- Stock option plan
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office