We started Trust & Will in 2017 to make estate planning accessible and affordable for every family. Since then, we’ve built an industry-leading brand that connects millions of families every year with estate planning and probate tools, partners, professionals, content, and services. We’ve scaled our company with a direct-to-consumer brand combined with incredible partnerships with financial advisors, institutions, and educators. We’re backed by amazing investors including Jackson Square Ventures, Link Ventures, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, AMEX, Northwestern Mutual, USAA, and more.
- Must have remote work experience
- 2+ years operations experience working in a startup environment or related industry (Bonus points for experience working with lawyers / a law firm)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in operations management, business administration, or relatable field
- Proficient in using Google Services (Bonus points for experience in Clickup, Retool, Hubspot)
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), expert slack user
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills (Bonus points for demonstrated experience in process improvement)
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast pace environment
- Positive attitude and eager to learn & grow
About the Role:
- The Attorney Operations Specialist at Trust & Will is responsible for supporting the operational and administrative functions of attorney growth at Trust & Will. Your primary focus will be to assist our Attorney Operations Manager to optimize processes, enhance efficiency, and streamline legal operations to facilitate the achievement of strategic objectives.
- This role involves managing and coordinating various aspects of legal operations, ensuring efficient and effective processes are being established, and providing support to various teams and contracted attorneys. The Attorney Operations Specialist plays a crucial role in optimizing the productivity and performance of attorney services at Trust & Will.
- Act as a team player. Your role in operations is to enable other teams at Trust & Will. Be a respected, trustworthy, and an impactful contributor.
- Recruitment & Onboarding: Assist with recruiting new attorneys and initial onboarding support
- Technology and Tools: Assist with evaluating, implementing, and maintaining legal technology tools, such as contract management systems, e-billing software, and document management systems. Provide training and support to our attorney contractors on chosen tools.
- Probate Case Management: Assist with the management of probate matters and cases, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders, maintaining documentation, and providing data to the manager for regular status updates. Assist with keeping internal teams and attorneys on track.
- Attorney Management: Assist with management of contracted relationships with attorneys, including law firms, and alternative legal service providers. Help evaluate attorney performance and relations.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Assist the legal team to identify and mitigate legal and compliance risks.Your role would be to help with state registrations and ensuring Trust & Will is up to date with renewals.
- Legal Project Management: Support the planning, execution, and monitoring of legal projects (such as 5.5), including resource allocation, timeline management, and deliverable tracking.
Full-time Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Our salary range for this position is $60,000-$75,000, based on experience, in addition to compensation we also include an employee equity package as a component of our offer along with other benefits and perks outlined below.
- Unlimited time off that you are encouraged to use
- Quarterly company-wide breaks (think Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall break)
- 1 PTO day a month to spend with friends, family, or however you choose
- 4 days/year to volunteer in your community
Health and Wellness Benefits
- Fantastic health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and generous parental leave
- Financial wellness benefits (Equity & tax advisory support, savings options, and employee-sponsored 401k)
- A informal mentorship program, guest speakers & reimbursement for learning opportunities
- Flexible work schedule + hours
- Family-friendly work environment. We support the complexity of a remote world with the needs of families
- Optional company-sponsored events and travel throughout the year
- $500 Work from home stipend + mac & Apple accessories
- Join an Inc. Magazine Best Workplace & Inc. 5000 winner!