Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ hardest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do.
We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And we’re growing fast.
We are looking for an Associate to join Coalfire’s ISO/SOC Advisory team.
This role will work as part of a team evaluating the security and compliance of client firms against regulatory and industry requirements and standards, and against security best practice frameworks. This role will partner closely with project managers, Consultants, and Sr Consultants on audits, assessments and document review.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with senior members of the team to prepare customers for compliance assessments via participation in gap analyses, understanding the client’s security architecture, and preparing documentation describing their environment and security control implementation against a prescribed set of criteria
- This role will work closely with senior members on data collection and capturing of customer interviews
- Collaborate with team members to drive customer satisfaction and deliver projects within established and agreed upon timelines
- Take charge of identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, and ensuring diligent and accurate data and note capturing of customer interviews
- Understand quality standards and ensures quality products and services are delivered on time
- Establish and maintain positive collaborative relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Build professional and meaningful relationships while managing customer expectations and deliverables
- Provide advice to the client on various matters related to the assessment/audit and effectively request or communicate technical requirements to a non-technical audience
- Identifies upsell and cross sell opportunities and escalates to appropriate leadership
- Maintain industry expertise by studying for and achieving industry recognized security certifications
- Develop expertise in cloud technologies and compliance
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) or equalivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical matters to a non-technical audience
- Ability to facilitate meetings to small or large groups
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in the IT industry, with familiarity with the applicable security frameworks
- An introductory understanding of IT security technologies including network and application security, firewalls, access management, and data protection
- A basic understanding of cloud computing
- Experience conducting security assessments against a prescribed set of criteria
- Expertise in other Security Frameworks (ISO, NIST, COBIT, HIPAA/HITECH, etc.) and regulatory requirements
- Security+, CCSK, AWS Cloud Practitioner or something comparable
Why You’ll Want to Join Us
At Coalfire, you’ll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where you’ll work most effectively – whether you’re at home or an office.
Regardless of location, you’ll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. You’ll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And you’ll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like paid parental leave, flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, digital mental health and wellbeing support membership, and comprehensive insurance options.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $53,000 to $92,00 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.