At PrizePicks, we are the fastest growing sports company in North America, as recognized by Inc. 5000. As the leading platform for Daily Fantasy Sports, we cover a diverse range of sports leagues, including the NFL, NBA, and Esports titles like League of Legends and Counter-Strike. Our team of over 400 employees thrives in an inclusive culture that values individuals from diverse backgrounds, regardless of their level of sports fandom. Ready to reimagine the DFS industry together?
The Analytics Team is responsible for building and maintaining analytics tools and workflows to support the PrizePicks business across all departments—at the core of these operations is data and the insights driven from that data. To support these efforts, PrizePicks is looking for a Associate Data Scientist, Pricing to join our Data Science team. You will be working closely with data scientists, reporting analysts, and cross departmental directors to help develop custom data models focusing on player player statistics to accurately price correlations.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct data cleaning operations, data wrangling, and create visualizations.
- Assist in the development of custom data models and algorithms, with a focus on utilizing player statistics to accurately price correlations.
- Participate in selecting features, building classifiers, and optimizing them using various modeling techniques.
- Play a role in the development of processes and tools for monitoring and analyzing model performance and data accuracy.
- Contribute to research and innovation in data science initiatives.
What you have:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of machine learning, data analysis, and statistical modeling, specifically with respect to sports.
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical software applications, such as Python or R.
- Some practical experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL.
- Experience with data visualization and report building is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the potential to grow in these areas.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and contribute to a team.
Where you’ll live:
- Anywhere in the US is fine but Atlanta would be preferred.
Benefits you’ll receive:
In addition to your great compensation package, we’ll shower you with perks including:
- Unlimited PTO to encourage a healthy work/life balance (2-week MINIMUM required!)
- Annual bonus & stock options
- Company-subsidized medical/dental/vision insurance plans
- Matching 401(k)
- Modern work schedules focused on getting the job done, not hours clocked
- Workplace flexibility
- Company and team outings, we encourage a tight-knit workplace
- Generous Maternity AND Paternity leave (16 weeks!)
- Wellness program
- Company equipment provided (Windows & Mac options)
- Annual performance reviews with opportunities for growth and career development