Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ hardest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do.
We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And we’re growing fast.
We’re looking for a Associate Cloud Engineer to support our Cloud Services team. Open to Remote within the US.
What You’ll Do
- Become a member of a highly-collaborative engineering team offering a unique blend of Solution Engineers
- Serve as the cloud SME to clients within engagements for design, architecture, and deployment in the AWS, Azure or GCP space using automated orchestration and configuration management techniques
- Perform as a partner with leading Cloud Service Provider (CSPs) and enterprises to meet security goals and pave the way for digital transformation and modernization
- Engage in development of client cloud and security strategies, vision-state architectures, roadmap, and planning activities.
- Engage with clients to perform cloud configuration and maturity reviews.
- Coordinate with clients and team members to identify the right balance of defense-in-depth techniques to translate customer’s goals into a secure and effective solution
- Engage in designing and implementing secure and compliant enterprise servers, network infrastructure, boundary protection, and cloud architectures using Infrastructure-as-Code
- Work across a myriad of technology stacks in the leading cloud providers like AWS, Azure, and GCP, researching how to understand and utilize native services in deployments
- Provide support to the security assessment and authorization process
- Authoring and peer review of detailed design documentation, including security documentation and inclusive of vendor best practices
What You’ll Bring
- BS or above in related Information Technology field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of directly relevant systems engineering and architecture experience including requirements definition, architecture development, development of use cases and stories, and systems integration & test
- 1+ years of experience supporting cloud architecture, design, implementation, operations and automation in AWS, Azure or GCP.
- 1+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and orchestration/automation tools such as Terraform and Cloud Deployment Manager
- Strong experience with AWS, Azure or GCP platform capabilities and services (Associate Cloud Architect, Cloud DevOps Engineer, or Cloud Security Engineer)
- Experience working within technical teams of 3+ individuals in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Effective documentation skills, to include technical diagrams and written descriptions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with professional attitude and demeanor
- Critical thinking, and ability to balance security requirements with mission needs
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately in a dynamic and fluid environment
- Previous experience supporting clients from within a professional services organization
- Project management experience for individual and team projects(ability to track detailed tasks and ensure timely delivery)
- Cloud-based networking experience (Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Cisco ASAv, F5, etc….)
- Expertise with serverless, microservices, and other modern application architectures
- PMP, CISSP, CISM, or CISA certifications
- Familiarity with configuration baseline standards such as CIS Benchmarks & DISA STIG
- Proven expertise in the implementation of encryption technologies (SSL, encryption, PKI)
- Strong experience with Visio and Jira or MS Project
- Familiarity with frameworks such as FedRAMP, FISMA, SOC, ISO, HIPAA, HITRUST, PCI, etc.
Why You’ll Want to Join Us
At Coalfire, you’ll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where you’ll work most effectively – whether you’re at home or an office.
Regardless of location, you’ll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. You’ll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And you’ll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like paid parental leave, flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, digital mental health and wellbeing support membership, and comprehensive insurance options.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $53,000 to $92,000 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.