Yelp Business Operations & Strategy is chartered with identifying and driving strategic and operational improvements to deliver sustainable increases in contributions, traffic and financial results. As an Associate on the Business Operations & Strategy team, you will take the initiative to uncover analytical insights, drive impact, and partner with key stakeholders across the business. We collaborate with our Product Teams to provide analysis needed to help determine the most impactful product priorities. We work with our Sales organization to help design its incentive compensation system, pilot new products and price points to sell to business owners. We strategize with our Marketing team to identify new and more efficient ways to acquire new customers. We partner with our Community Management organization to help identify new ways to encourage contribution (e.g. reviews, photos) from Yelp users.
This is a full-time remote role based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will partner across Yelp’s business units to deliver strong financial results via analytically driven insights.
- You will provide first rate analytic support via hands-on Excel work while leveraging other tools as necessary (SQL, Salesforce, Python, Google Analytics, Tableau).
- You will quickly and effectively identify actionable insights and exercise sound business judgment on large amounts of data and information.
- You will steer cross-functional projects and build consensus with leadership across the organization.
- You will create Tableau dashboards that provide visibility into KPIs, marketing effectiveness and business trends/drivers
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 3-4 years relevant business experience (post college degree) solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- You have experience at a top tier consulting firm, investment bank, blue chip technology operating company or private equity fund.
- You completed a quantitative undergraduate degree from a leading institution.
- You have superior hands-on analytic skills including very strong Excel modeling skills and interest in learning SQL.
- You are an exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level insights.
- You are highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable leading cross-functional projects.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with senior business leaders.
What you’ll get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan