The Associate Business Development (ABD) team plays a pivotal role in Coalition’s success by building strong relationships with brokerage partners and driving growth through effective sales strategies. We are seeking an experienced sales and insurance professional to join our team and help elevate the ABDs to become experts in Insurance Business Development.
- Develop and mentor the Associate BD team to excel in Insurance Business Development
- Collaborate with the Inside Sales team to strengthen relationships with brokerage partners and customers
- Drive growth trajectory of key agencies by fostering strategic partnerships
- Cultivate highly effective sales relationships with key agency stakeholders
- Exceed new business targets, create a robust sales pipeline, and successfully close business deals
- Manage all post-sales activities for Coalition’s broker partners, including relationship-building, product knowledge sharing, planning, and execution
- Assume ownership of brokers’ satisfaction with Coalition’s services, ensuring their success and resolving any issues that may arise
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Coalition’s solutions (insurance and technology) and effectively communicate relevant features and functionality to brokers based on their business needs
- Identify potential risks that may hinder brokers from achieving their business goals and proactively work toward resolution
- Monitor performance trends in Coalition adoption and utilization, guiding brokers during periodic Success Reviews
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in commercial insurance sales or account management (cyber insurance preferred).
- Prior experience in managing a team of growth-oriented individuals.
- Exceptional in-person, phone, and written communication skills with both customers and colleagues
- Proficiency in making formal and informal presentations to staff and clients
- Strong computer skills are required, with knowledge of CRM systems considered a plus
- Self-motivated with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and terminologies
- Current P&C (property & casualty) license
- Familiarity with Cyber Liability and Technology E&O (errors & omissions).
- Familiarity with retailer and wholesale brokers
- Familiarity with D&O/EPL
- RPLU or similar designation
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $90,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $140,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee’s pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.