Fundrise is an investment platform offering direct access to high-quality private market real estate investments. We use our technology and deep expertise to make it easier than ever for anyone to build a stronger portfolio.
We started with $325,000 from 175 investors. That’s what it took to become the first U.S. company in history to successfully crowdfund a real estate project back in 2012. Fast forward to today: we now manage more than $1 billion in assets for more than 150,000 investors and have invested in more than $5 billion worth of real estate.
Our mission is to build a better financial system by empowering the individual. That means expanding access, lowering costs, and improving quality. The result (so far) is: investments that were once primarily reserved for billion-dollar endowments and sovereign wealth funds are now available to investors of all sizes at the touch of a button.
But there’s more to do. Institutional investors still hold a major advantage over individual investors when it comes to owning the best private real estate investments — for now. That’s where you come in.
Fundrise has an immediate opening in our DC headquarters for an Associate Accountant. A successful candidate will have exceptional analytical capabilities, be attentive to detail, and have a strong work ethic. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who thrive in a dynamic, team-based environment with the initiative to work independently. Positive, collaborative attitude required. The position offers competitive salary and benefits.
● Maintaining the general ledger and related supporting documentation for multiple publicly filed REITs/ funds. This will include activity such as:
○ booking asset acquisitions and dispositions,
○ calculating interest payments for debt investments,
○ monitoring and recalculating investor redemptions, investor dividends, and fund asset management fees, and
○ reconciling intercompany accounts.
● Prepare and submit invoices to accounts payable software to ensure timely payments. ● Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual fund level financial statements. ● Work directly with key personnel to maintain effective internal controls over existing and emerging processes.
● Assist with the preparation of SEC public filings such as 1-Us, 1-SAs, and 1-Ks.
● Support ad hoc requests and projects from management.
The ideal candidate will have:
● A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field ● 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience
● CPA or equivalent designation
● Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills ● Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
● History of teamwork and willingness to dive-in to get the job done
● Intellectually curious, creative, and collaborative
● A firm believer in Fundrise’s mission
Benefits at Fundrise
● Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums.
● Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability.
● Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking. ● 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself. ● Flexible PTO
● Paid parental leave
Our HQ is located in Washington, DC, but you can work anywhere! Our company has committed to offer both in-person positions at our HQ as well as fully-remote positions anywhere in the US.