Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Equity, and Optimism. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Job Location: For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in Australia.
Ideal markets for remote work include:
About the Position:
Reporting to the Support Manager, the Senior Application Specialist is responsible for delivering business-to-business application support to Dayforce’s enterprise clients. He or she will collaborate with client administrators as well as internal Development, QA, and Services teams to champion client priorities and drive incidents to closure. The Senior Application Specialist will combine excellent technical and functional problem solving skills with a keen business sense to deliver top notch client-focused support. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business and industry related experience. The ideal candidate is looking to grow his/her career within our Client Support team and thrives in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Providing rapid response and resolution to complex incidents
- Developing deep product expertise
- Maintaining the highest level of client satisfaction by providing proactive support and consistently exceeding client expectations
- Producing high quality training material and mentoring others
- Monitoring, deploying and maintaining client production environments
- Reproducing and meticulously documenting software defects, making recommendations for product enhancements where appropriate
- Leading a wide variety of operational projects including:
- Technical programming and scripting tasks
- Helping client transition to support and implement best practices
- Enhancing the customer support experience
- Optimising internal processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant software/computer related fields
- Strong proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems
- Typically 4+ years of support experience
- Superior communication, organisational, and problem solving skills
- Strong debugging proficiency, including ability to read and debug complex code using an IDE
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Server Technology (e.g.; Windows / SQL Server)
- Solid exposure to hosting and change management protocols
- Proven ability to act as a product functional and technical expert
- Ability to work flexible hours and a willingness to carry a pager if required
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.