We are seeking a talented Android Engineer to join us in building Poe, an exciting new platform at the forefront of generative AI. You will work at the cutting edge of technology to design, develop, and maintain the Poe Android app. This includes collaborating with our product team to build new user features, crafting a scalable mobile architecture, and creating tools to speed up iteration. As a founding member, you’ll have a direct influence on the product roadmap and plenty of opportunities to shape the future of AI and mobile platforms.
Poe is on a rapid growth trajectory, and as an Android Engineer for Poe, you can help us shape and build a differentiated product while gaining invaluable experience with complex problems and systems. If you have a passion for AI, emerging technologies, and mobile development, this role offers an invaluable opportunity to spearhead progress.
- Work with a small team of mobile engineers to design, build, and maintain the Poe Android app.
- Build new user-facing features and help drive the Poe product roadmap.
- Create tools and infrastructure to enable rapid development of the Poe mobile experience.
- Collaborate with the Poe product team and other engineers to enhance the overall user experience.
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time)
- 2+ years of full-time experience in Android development.
- Expertise in Java and/or Kotlin, Android frameworks, and mobile engineering best practices.
- A strong creative mindset to design simple but powerful user experiences.
- High attention to detail in all aspects of development from performance to UI.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, adaptability to new technologies, proficiency in handling ambiguity, and a track record of delivering results.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment and learn continuously.
- Technical skills to build a scalable mobile architecture and infrastructure.
- A passion for AI and emerging technologies
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience with development on widely used mobile apps on Play Store
- Experience with GraphQL
At Quora, we value diversity and inclusivity and welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including marginalized or underrepresented groups in tech, to apply for our job openings. We encourage all candidates who share a passion for growing the world’s knowledge, even those who may not strictly meet all the preferred requirements, to apply, as we know that a diverse range of perspectives can have a significant impact on our products and our culture.
Quora offers a wide range of benefits including medical/dental/vision coverage, equity refreshers, remote work reimbursement, paid time off, employee assistance programs, and more. Benefits are country-specific and may vary. For more information on benefits, visit this link: https://www.careers.quora.com/benefits
There are many factors that will determine the starting pay, including but not limited to experience, location, education, and business needs.
- US candidates only: For Colorado based applicants, the minimum base salary range is $120,000 – $156,000 USD + equity + benefits. For California, New Jersey, New York, and Washington based applicants, the minimum salary range is $120,000 – $184,000 USD + equity + benefits.
- British Columbia Candidates Only: For British Columbia based applicants, the minimum base salary range is $123,500 – $188,000 CAD + equity + benefit