The e-commerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is one of the largest opportunities for disruption in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $300B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!
💻 The role
We’re looking for capable Android engineers with a proven track record for building slick UIs that people love. Whatnot is growing very rapidly, so you must be able to cope with the pressure that comes with a high-growth environment and be open to wearing multiple hats.
- Build intuitive user interfaces from the ground up.
- Create modifiable, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Investigate and solve issues with bugs and data inconsistencies.
- Improve the availability and performance of current systems.
- Integrating Live Video Streaming with the app.
- Work with the engineering team to define implementation strategy, define overall requirements, and redefine a product, if needed.
👋 About You
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience writing Android apps.
- Expert in Kotlin.
- You are known for ship lightning fast, making good trade-off decisions.
- Excellent communication/writing skills.
- Self-starter. You will be able to hit the ground running with little direction.
- Startup experience at a high-growth company preferred.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary