We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
As an Android Developer in our Product Engineering department, you will be responsible for crafting the 1Password experience for our customers on the Android platform. Whether it’s shaping the very first interactions a new customer has with 1Password or building new platform integrations around the latest Android frameworks, you’ll be tasked with collaborating with your peers to build features that delight. You will work alongside your counterparts in other technology stacks and on other platforms to deliver on our vision of a better user experience for our customers across all of the surfaces where they use 1Password. You will be responsible for collaborating with your peers to identify and implement solutions to challenging problems, participating in code reviews and advocating for best practices, lifting others on your team and mentoring more junior developers, and taking an active role in all stages of the development process, from discovery and planning through to implementation and delivery.
An ever-increasing number of individuals, families, and businesses are using 1Password every day, and 1Password needs to scale accordingly. Come and help us make 1Password the best choice in digital security for even more people!
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience developing rich user experiences on Android for both phone and tablet form factors
- You’re passionate about using the latest technologies and tools that Google provides
- You take pride in crafting delightful user interfaces with Jetpack Compose
- Working collaboratively with others is second nature to you and something you thoroughly enjoy
- You possess a keen analytical mind and the initiative to apply it to tame loosely scoped problems
What you can expect:
- Become a subject matter expert for the features, functionality and code that we develop
- Influence and establish team principles and norms
- Lead projects to successful and on-time deliveries by participating in planning and overseeing development tasks
- Mentor less experienced and new team members by pairing with them on more complex problems to share your thought process and overall approach
- Figure out solutions to complex problems and clearly communicate the related concepts to others on the team
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the onboarding and engagement space
- Experience working on cross-platform and cross-functional projects
- Experience building accessibility-friendly user interfaces
- Some experience with the Rust programming language
- An appreciation for exploring different development paradigms
Even if you don’t tick all those boxes, we’d like to hear from you.
The most important thing you can bring to this job is the drive to dive in, get the work done, and fix root causes instead of treating symptoms. We believe in continuous learning and support professional development on the job with a budget to back it up. If you bring a desire to do the right thing for our customers, a sense of ownership over the product you work on, and a focus on shipping quality code, we want to hear from you.
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $115,000USD and $155,000USD,