DevGrid is a UK-based high-end software consultancy with its development base in Brazil and operations across Europe and the USA. We believe that world-class software can only be built by a motivated and enthusiastic team, and in an environment that promotes creativity and free-thinking.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Android developer to join an international team working with one of the most innovative electricity retailers in Europe. This electricity provider is at the forefront of providing its customers with unparalleled levels of engagement and services.
This role is a great opportunity for anyone looking to work in a progressive environment and be part of a high-performance international team with lots of opportunities to learn and grow all aspects of your technical and non-tech skills.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement proof of concept and production-ready features.
- Debugging and troubleshooting.
- Design and implement user-facing features in mobile applications.
- Android development focusing on UX design principles for mobile and tablet.
- Analyze and optimize UX for resource efficiency and performance.
- Work closely with our product and design teams.
- Experience developing native Mobile development in Java / Kotlin
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of the Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Experience with publishing apps on Google Play Store.
- Integration with RESTful APIs/JSON and other back-end APIs.
- Knowledge of Clean architecture / SOLID principles
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related, or 7 years equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of OO concepts.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment a plus.
- Amazon AWS, Linux/Unix, a plus.
- Have worked with international and remote teams.