Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup. Our incredible team includes top industry leaders with decades of experience. We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement. Our culture is focused on bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) initial solution to learn, then either failing or scaling fast. We seek teammates who drive value creation, are great problem solvers, have strong interpersonal savvy, and can successfully learn on the fly! Varis is a bold new company that formed in early 2021. Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our future. On our team you will: see and feel the direct impact of your work; be surrounded by passionate people; learn how to be an entrepreneur; and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Implementation as well as with partners and key stakeholders to transform raw data into meaningful insights
- Build and Maintain tools and automation used to develop analytics
- Develop operational reports (manual excel and through the Snowflake data lake) and work to automate reports and dashboards
- Understand business requirements to set functional specifications for reporting applications
- Be experienced in tools and systems on MS SQL Server BI Stack, including SSRS and TSQL, Power Query, MDX, PowerBI, and DAX
- Be able to quickly shape data into reporting and analytics solutions
- Have knowledge of database fundamentals such as multidimensional database design, relational database design, and more
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Meet (or exceed) a defined percentage and quality scores for on-time project deliverables.
- Meet (or exceed) a defined SLA threshold.
- Achieve a defined peer feedback score.
Who You Are
Cultural + Technical:
- Model our 5C Culture with expanded emphasis on:
- Customer: Relentlessly focus on serving our customers to ensure their success and deliver value.
- Commitment: Follow through on commitments with transparency and integrity.
- Change: Challenge the status quo for the benefit of the Company.
- Caring: Lead with the mindset that we are one. Treat each other, our customers, and our community as we want to be treated.
- Creativity: Innovate and disrupt to deliver new ways of doing business that drive sustainable, profitable growth.
- Passion for mathematical modeling paired with keen attention to detail.
- Highly organized and deadline-driven mindset.
- Power Bi/Power Query/DAX
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exposure to and familiarity with business intelligence and statistical methods.
- CRM data management (HubSpot), Power Platform (BI, Query, Automate, Apps), and Snowflake data connections a plus.
What You’ll Need
Education, Experience, Preferred Certifications/Designations:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 2-4 years working with Customer data and data extracts
- Ability to maintain an incredibly high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced deadline environment while successfully managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to jump hurdles and push through internal bottlenecks to achieve goals
- Understanding of services business model and ability to work in a collaborative manner, including:
- Designing proof of concepts using multiple data sources
- Citizen Development Lite: Power Query/Power BI and creating dynamic dashboards, workflow development through Power Automate, app-building with Power Apps
- Ability to document and transfer knowledge within department
Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively work, influence, problem solve, and engage with all levels of the organization.
At Varis, pay scales are determined by role, level, location, and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate, and pay relative to other team members.
The figures in this range reflect the average annual base salary for the given role, while additional variable incentives based on performance may also be available. Recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits, and equity during the hiring process.