We’re looking for an Analyst, Personalization to be a part of our growing Food Analytics & Optimization team. You’ll be responsible for supporting our personalization algorithms (Box Fill Logic & Swapfill) to directly understand the impact of the changes we make via simulations and experimentation. These changes directly impact the food we recommend and send to our customers!
This role will join Hungryroot’s Food Analytics & Optimization team and you’ll report directly to our Senior Analyst, Personalization & Food Experience. In this critical role, you will work with our team to complete ad hoc and routine analyses, uncovering opportunities, informing prioritization of work and monitoring experiments and initiatives to tackle the core challenges at the company that will be crucial to the success of Hungryroot. If you want to help us change how people grocery shop and eat for the better, we’d love for you to apply!
- Develop a detailed understanding of our personalization and swaps algorithm in order to help with simulations (internal testing) & experimentation
- Helping with full validation (via simulations and experiments) for changes made to our personalization algorithm
- Building out metrics/reporting (using SQL)
- Develop a detailed understanding of our database, to understand inputs (customer preferences, skus, recipes) and outputs (box contents) of our algorithm, and easily pull and validate data. Validate changes that impact input/output data
- Understand personalization metrics to monitor performance, creating standardized reporting (in SQL and/or BI tools) and ad-hoc analyses
- Use data to uncover and size opportunities related to personalization and food experience
- 2-3 Years regularly in a DB performing analysis
- 2+ Years of Hands-On SQL Experience
- Experience working cross-functionally with Software Developers or Data Engineers
- Experience at a fast paced startup
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience with personalization and/or algorithms is a plus!
Perks & Benefits
- Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere, you decide!
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!