At Yelp, it’s our mission to connect people with great local businesses. The Yelp Strategy team supports this mission by working with leaders to help Yelp stay one step ahead of trends and competition. The Strategy work is leveraged by executives to chart an efficient and decisive course over a 3 year time horizon.
The Strategy team works to identify the growth opportunities and threats in our business. The team synthesizes internal analyses and external data, pulling it all together into a strategic direction that is refreshed over time. Strategy helps ensure that teams across the company align investments with Yelp’s strategic direction.
As an Analyst or Senior Analyst on the Strategy team, you’ll develop analyses and synthesize competitive landscape data to drive actionable industry insights for our executives. As you master landscape assessment, you’ll then also work on internal strategy projects, helping operating leaders synthesize customer & competitive insight into an agreed direction, objectives, and potential growth levers. You’ll be reporting to a Strategy Team Lead and work closely with the SVP of Strategy.
We’re looking for someone with a knack for synthesis – the ability to find and integrate a broad range of qualitative and quantitative sources into pithy, impactful insights. You are a highly driven and proactive person with a record of high impact and achievement, eager to apply your analytical and creative talents to new challenges. You are a team player who is an excellent communicator, quick learner, and as excited about Yelp as we are.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This is a full-time remote role based in the United States.
Where you come in:
- You will support Yelp’s strategic direction by conducting analyses and communicating findings with respect to industry trends, competitive landscape & market opportunities
- You will be accountable for owning a landscape topic area (e.g., digital advertising, consumer growth, etc.) and acting as the go-to subject matter expert.
- You will synthesize the competitor and landscape trends, formulate a POV on potential business impacts, and develop monthly digests for the Yelp exec team.
- You will conduct deep dives to explore new strategic opportunities and identify implications for our strategic direction
- You will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional leaders in product, sales & customer success, marketing, corporate development, biz ops, data science and finance to translate top insights into actionable projects
What it takes to succeed:
- You have 2-4 years (Analyst) or 4-6 years (Senior Analyst) of relevant experience at a management consulting firm or corporate strategy group
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a quantitative focus
- You are an exceptional problem solver with the ability to find creative solutions to complex questions by transitioning between creative, integrative, and analytical thinking
- You can translate detailed data into high-level insights and clear takeaways
- You are a driven self-starter with the ability to learn new topics quickly
- You have strong project mgmt skills, including ability to balance multiple priorities, identify dependencies, communicate with cross-functional stakeholders, and meet project milestones
- You are an excellent team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; confident presence with senior executives
- You have superior hands-on analytical skills and expertise in Excel
- You have experience with (or ability to quickly learn) analytical tools including SQL, Tableau, Python, and Google Analytics
What you’ll get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Compensation range is $78,000-$130,000 annually. You may also be offered Restricted Sto