Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build homes, leveraging technology to make homebuilding simpler and more transparent. We’re delivering on that promise in places that have been impacted by natural disasters, and now we’re expanding to help families across the country build the perfect home.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound is transforming the homebuilding market. The Homebound team includes software engineers, product managers, designers, marketers, people operations and legal experts, interior designers and the best construction experts in the world — all of whom have come together to improve homebuilding as a whole.
We are already helping hundreds of homeowners across California, Texas, and The Bahamas, and we are poised to help hundreds more. Join us.
You will be the first hire of the acquisitions team and will serve as the lead on new property acquisitions. The primary responsibilities of this position are to underwrite and coordinate due diligence activities in both new and existing markets. This position requires one who is analytical and has a strong attention to detail. You will be reporting to the Head of Strategic Finance.
- Analyze homes, to determine if they are suitable investment properties. You’ll be scrubbing down dozens of home listings per week to inform our purchase price
- Research MLS, Zillow, and other real estate sites to provide comps in specific markets
- Provide underwriting of properties from start to finish
- High Level research various aspects of potential investments such as taxes, insurance, HOA fees, school districts and average household income
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. You’ll be speaking to agents, homebuyers, our construction and architecture teams every day
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- You are a self-motivated, rapid learner
- Demonstrates logical and systematic thinking skills
- Have strong listening skills with ability to collect and verify detailed information
- Be comfortable learning new software and systems
- BA in relevant field required
- 2 years of residential real estate or investment banking experience preferred
- Prior Single-Family Residential acquisitions experience is a plus
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.