LeafLink seeks a Retail Account Manager to join our growing team. You will work directly with our retail clients, Account Executives, and various internal teams to guide our retail customers’ success on LeafLink through the adoption of our marketplace and financial service solutions. We’re looking for someone with a successful track record of building deep relationships with retailers to expand our reach and deepen our engagement. You will work with a cross-functional team to not only push retail engagement with LeafLink’s platform but to contribute to LeafLink’s overall success. You will also work with our seller account management team, partnering to deliver success in accounts specializing in manufacturing cannabis brands and retail. As the voice of the customer for our retailers, you will collect and share feedback with internal stakeholders, helping to shape the future strategy for the buy-side of LeafLink’s marketplace. You will also provide strategic guidance that reflects best practices, technical expertise, and industry acumen.
This role is highly collaborative. You are a good fit for this position if you are a proactive self-starter who is comfortable with change, enjoys a fast pace, an excellent communicator, and can juggle many tasks and deadlines.
What You’ll be Doing
- Serve as the key Retail Account Management team member on your book of business, working together with Account Executives and other solution line specialists to grow the customer’s adoption and loyalty across all aspects of the LeafLink platform
- Be a trusted LeafLink partner to the retail book of business and help retailers become successful by demonstrating the opportunities available through LeafLink’s marketplace & financial service solutions
- Take accountability for the success of your LeafLink customers, their satisfaction, and the value they get from LeafLink’s marketplace & financial service solutions by taking their perspective and business needs as priority
- Constantly strive to expand your retail clients’ LeafLink usage and adoption through thoughtful outreach, training, customer check-ins, and meetings
- Proficient in cross-selling and upselling by effectively identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to offer additional services to retailers, resulting in increased revenue and enhanced customer satisfaction
- Develop and manage multi-layer relationships with the cannabis industry’s largest retailers, identifying potential new opportunities with partners and ensuring those relationships support key growth, monetization, and product initiatives of the company
- Strive to meet your quarterly goals comprising of retail engagement & adoption metrics and your cross-sell and upsell quotas
- Leverage data to identify gaps that retail clients may have in running their businesses as efficiently as possible on LeafLink, and act on providing solutions to help them improve
- Become a LeafLink platform expert, following all new product releases and identifying high-priority updates to customers
- Ensure client satisfaction and long-term loyalty, manage client expectations, and solicit and act on client feedback
- Contribute to standardized customer engagement sequences as the key member of the client’s account team
- Work closely with our Sales, Marketing, Product, and Support teams to deliver exceptional client experiences and be the true voice of the retail marketplace solution & financial services customer.
- Track and follow up on high priority Product tickets to ensure timely resolution
- Track all retail customer updates, status changes, and touchpoints through Salesforce CRM
- Maximize usage of all Account Management tools to their full potential to support positive customer relationships
- Identify opportunities to improve our current processes, tools, reporting, and documentation
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Business degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a consultative customer-facing role with an enterprise software or FinTech SaaS organization.
- 3+ years communicating technical software including feature demonstrations, functionality overviews, and best practice sharing with VIP, technical, and non-technical end users
- A solid understanding of the current landscape in the legalized Cannabis industry
- Proficiency in operational payment cycles and inventory management
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Track record of building and maintaining strong customer relationships virtually as well as in person
- Strong ability to facilitate meetings with customers and users of various levels of professional seniority and technical skill
- You have a track record of achieving and exceeding your targets.
- Problem solver and builder mindset with a strong ability to work cross-functionally to deliver results
- You are a successful self-starter who can provide pioneering suggestions from your in-market experience and customer relationships
- You possess the ability to excel in a fast-paced startup, and you thrive in a dynamic environment that is constantly evolving and changing
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Preferred experience with Salesloft, Sigma, and/or other advanced analytics tools
LeafLink Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO – you’re going to be working hard so enjoy time off with no cap!
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
- 5 Days of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) – giving back is important to us and we want our employees to prioritize cultivating a better community
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through our Flexible Spending Account
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.