Sprout Social is looking to hire an Account Executive, Strategic Enterprise to the Sales & Success team.
Why join Sprout’s Sales & Success team?
Joining the Sales and Success team is an opportunity to accelerate your career. We’re a winning team selling and supporting the leading social media management platform for businesses. Not only do you get to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you also get to work with some of the biggest brands in the world including Sony, General Mills, Kraft Heinz, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. And the real kicker? You get to design your own career and follow the path that’s best for you. Wherever you want to go, we’re committed to helping you get there.
What you’ll do
- Develop an account growth strategy with a select subset of named customer accounts, while working to develop net new pipeline that translates to revenue in assigned prospect accounts
- Manage the enterprise purchasing process in a global organization by working with partners across procurement, legal, security, etc.
- Own your numbers – consistently meet and exceed your quota
- Establish deep relationships within your book of business through multi-threading, achieving both executive or VP level and end user engagement
What you’ll bring
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven and tech-savvy Account Executive with strong business acumen to join our expanding Strategic Enterprise sales team. Ideally, you will be equally driven by a customer-centric mentality to grow customer accounts.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 8+ years of software sales experience in a closing role
- Proven success selling complex enterprise solutions to the Fortune 500
- Consistent overperformance in previous roles (top 5% of company)
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience establishing deep relationships, presenting and selling to C-suite level decision makers across multiple functions
- Experience working in a ‘team selling’ environment and managing a team of supporting account resources
- Accurately forecasts and manages pipeline on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Fiercely passionate about the impact social media can have on a large enterprise
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Complete Sprout Social’s 3-week new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization
- Partner with the Director of Enterprise to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them
- Meet with current members of the Enterprise Sales team individually to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role
- Shadow Account Executives on calls to learn sales strategies and positioning
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions
- Learn the relevant customer stories and case studies to justify your value propositions with real ROI examples from the field
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension
- Learn Sprout’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your peers
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Meet with your entire book of business and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders
- Understand the contractual language of all your customers and where we can expand our offerings by expansion into new business units or increasing utilization of our platform with existing customers
- Own your numbers – consistently meet and exceed your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota attainment
- Co-build account & territory plans with your BDR, Professional Services & Customer Success teammates
- Regularly meet with your BDR to define a relationship that ensures seamless communication and coordination on all net new business generation and expansion opportunities
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your customers’ brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor
- Gain a solid understanding of your customer’s internal transitions and mitigate the risk of churn
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Have built solid relationships at the C-Level with your “book of business”
- Represent Sprout at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers solve high impact problems by realizing their full potential and accomplishing their goals
- Consistently achieve your revenue, pipeline and activity targets
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Mentor and develop your BDR to become best in class at their respective functions and further advance their skill sets and career trajectory
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the organization and help others grow from your experiences
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
This role’s On Target Earnings (“OTE”) is $280,000 USD annually. OTE is the sum of a fixed base salary plus incentives at target performance. Incentive compensation will vary based on performance. The minimum amount earned is the fixed base salary. Since the incentive plan is uncapped, this role has no maximum pay range.