Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do.
We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And we’re growing fast.
We’re looking for an Account Executive to support our Sales team.
Accomplished solution-oriented Sales professional with demonstrated success in selling penetration testing (offensive and application security) services to Enterprise, mid-market and emerging accounts specifically across financial, high-tech, and healthcare verticals. The Account Executive function is able to communicate effectively with C level executive teams to help build modern offensive and application security programs. The primary focus for this role is to position and sell Coalfire penetration testing services, offerings, and capabilities within a defined set of prospects and select existing customer accounts.
What You’ll Do
- In addition to hunting new prospects, you will also work with a select grouping of existing Coalfire customers that represent immediate opportunity to build and grow programmatic penetration testing and application security offerings
- Develop and drive business development initiatives that align with our current and future cybersecurity portfolio service offerings in order to achieve sales bookings quota
- Responsible for creating and executing a quarterly business development plan and process, including coordination of all necessary internal and external resources to identify and secure business opportunities
- Prepare quarterly reviews on business prospects and market conditions to ensure resources are aligned with business goals
- Partner with our pre-sales solution architects for account planning and client engagement.
- Build working relationships cross-functionally with project management team, delivery team, and marketing to ensure coordination of efforts and good communication between all parties
- Establish a repeatable process for deal review, approval, and lead deal execution
- Support building market awareness internally and externally for our Penetration Testing portfolio service offerings
- Make an impact to Account Management, including Account planning, Client procurement, Meeting follow-up, Pipeline development, Opportunity pursuit, Contract negotiation, Risk management, Proposal and Statement of Work (SOW) development, and Revenue goals
- Engage with clients in strategic discussions to provide best practices pen testing program advise to maximize client’s long-term business objectives
- Develop strong and lasting relationships with client executives, effectively engage new business and position the account for follow on security and risk advisory engagements
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Lead client-facing management Security Strategy and Planning sessions and formal proposal presentations
- Develop business with new buyers and business units within existing accounts
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience with direct cyber security related sales or account management in a B2B sales environment
- 1-2 years selling experience specific to penetration testing, application security, and threat and vulnerability management services
- Experience in network detection and response and/or managed security services sales is preferred
- Demonstrate a consistent and demonstrable track record of achieving annual bookings targets
- Proven history of quota attainment, forecast accuracy, and consistent pipeline generation
- Knowledge of market trends, industry participants, new technologies & business models
- Demonstrated superior ability to develop and lead relationship-building activities with C-Level executives, including CISO, CIO, CEO, CFO, COO, Business Executives, and General Auditor
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and leadership skills
- Critical thinking skills to determine the best solution out of multiple “correct” options
- Ability to travel up to 30% on a monthly basis
- Desire and ability to understand and relate complex product technology, services, strategy, and direction
- Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Why You’ll Want to Join Us
At Coalfire, you’ll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where you’ll work most effectively – whether you’re at home or an office.
Regardless of location, you’ll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. You’ll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And you’ll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like paid parental leave, flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, digital mental health and wellbeing support membership, and comprehensive insurance options.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $78,000 to $135,000 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.