Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you’ll do in this role
- Hands-on responsibility for the day-to-day administration of all employee leave of absence programs.
- Ensures compliance with all leave of absence and employment laws across all countries in which we have entities by accurately completing all time away requests in a timely manner
- Suggests both company and statutory policy and practice revisions as needed.
- Ensures the proper tracking of LOAs and identifies the process dependencies and suggests remediation of those dependencies.
- Acts as the team member’s first point of contact to facilitate a smooth departure as well as a smooth transition back to work.
- Answers tier-1 leave-related questions and concerns from Team Members
- The first point of contact for Managers, People Business Partners, and other key stakeholders related to their team members’ time away requests.
- Administers ADA-related tasks related to all team members’ requested accommodations (medical, religious, work-related).
- Maintains LOA trend data and status reports as needed
We’re looking for
- Strong verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must exercise confidentiality and discretion in dealing with sensitive, complex, and time-sensitive time-away requests
- Independent worker with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven track record of adhering to and meeting strict deadlines
- Experienced in learning and thriving in a constantly changing global environment and able to cultivate relationships across Global teams
- Ability to learn and use GitLab tools
- Aligns with GitLabs values
- Experience using Google Sheets
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $58,200 – $87,000