Peerspace is creating a world where it’s easy to bring people together, starting with making it easy to find the perfect place to meet, create, and celebrate. Our Airbnb-like marketplace uncovers the world’s most unique spaces – like lofts, rooftops, and art galleries – and makes them ready to use for photo shoots, filming, meetings, and events.
Over 2 million people have come together in a Peerspace, and we’re looking for people who want to help us reach the next 10 million.
Peerspace is now hiring our second Mobile Engineer to join our team. You’ll be able to work closely with our product team, your opinion will be heard and our decisions as a team will be affected by data measurement on a regular basis. We are looking for people with a passion for building effective user experiences with high user engagement. You’ll get to work on critical product engineering projects that ship. You’ll be using modern design patterns and coding standards, while helping to migrate existing legacy code. You’ll also work closely with design to continue building out a quality user experience. As a team, we maintain a supportive development environment through mentorship, team offsites, and group code reviews. If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
● Production-level React Native experience
● Experience in Redux architecture (or similar)
● Ability to ship code regularly into production
● Experience in functional component design
● Willingness to learn and use new technologies
Nice to Haves
● Experience using React Hooks
● Knowledge of immutability patterns
● Experience in middleware construction
● Familiarity with Swift 5+
● Experience with Redux-Saga
● Android production deployment
● UI test harness creation
● Experience in Fastlane
● Creating reusable and testable code
● Deploying to production environments
● Interfacing with Product team and providing insightful feedback
● Task breakdown into our SCRUM process
● Daily standups, weekly developer check ins and bi-weekly retrospectives
● Identify problem areas and improve them – both in process and in code
● Work from home
● Join a team reshaping a $500B industry.
● Competitive salary with employee stock options and access to a 401k
● Medical, dental, and vision coverage
● Take-it-when-you-need-it vacation and sick days
● A flexible work environment
● $500 annual professional development allowance
● 20% discount on all Peerspace bookings
Peerspace is a community marketplace that makes planning gatherings – starting with finding the perfect space – simple. Whether it’s a loft for a party, a rooftop for a film shoot, or an art gallery for a meeting, Peerspace empowers people to create one-of-a-kind experiences at any price point. As a community marketplace, Peerspace makes it easy for individuals and businesses to monetize their underutilized space and share it with an audience of millions.
Founded in April of 2014, Peerspace is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles. The company’s investors include Google Ventures, Foundation Capital, Structure Capital, Red Bridge Partners, and 31VENTURES.